Pages

Jul 21, 2016

Outfit Post: Salt Lake Strolls


Despite living here for the past three years I have yet to see most of Salt Lake. This was the first time I went and took a walk around the capital building we have! I’m sad I had not gone before this spur of the moment trip because it’s a lovely little place. 


There are tree-lined gravel paths all around the building along with benches that are just perfect to bring a book to sit and read for a few hours. I must keep walking around the city to find these small gems because I know they’re everywhere.

Top: Target Skirt: Old Navy Hat: H&M Shoes: Old Navy Necklace: Gift

I suppose prior I wasn’t looking in the right places…though I imagine it helps when your boyfriend knows of quite a few. 


Taking a change of course, but I have to bring up my new hat. For the past couple of years I’ve been looking for a good boater hat. Ever since I saw Rebecca of A Clothes Horse sport one I knew I had to have one. I was in complete love. I never could find the perfect one. When I hunted for boaters they always were either too large or simply not there.


Finally, with I’ll admit some help, I was able to score one for pretty cheap! H&M had this one for only $15 and it does actually fit! I’ve always had a problem with hats because I have a child sized head, but miraculously this boater does the trick and comes in a larger size too.


As soon as I got my hands on it I had to wear it immediately which is where this summer    
gondolier-esq outfit came from. It’s a fun summer item to have and for me was perfect for a slow stroll.


Have any of you found any cute parts of your city that you’ve stumbled across or things you've been searching for as of late?


P.S.

As Clark and I walked back home from the Capital we came across the sweetest little cat named Max. This fellow was just a cute little model. I adore him and just had to include the photos of him that Clark snapped.




*Photos taken by Clark*

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful outfit! I love the stripes and the skirt, and not to mention the wonderful boater hat!
    You look so lovely! I too sometimes find places in my own town (lived here all my life) that I hadn't noticed before. It's nice!
    Hope you're having a great day!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete